frostbite by richelle mead

Written by Darlyn At Friday, April 30, 2010
Title: Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2)
Author: Richelle Mead
Pages: 327
Rating: 4.5/5

Summary (Goodreads):

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It's winter break at St. Vladimir's, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy's crawling with Guardians--including Rose's hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if handto- hand combat with her mom wasn't bad enough, Rose's tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason's got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks. This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price.

My Thought:

It's a WOW. I like Vampire Academy #1 but this one makes me fell in love! It's exciting, deviously cool, a fast pace page turners and I deliberately enjoyed the book so much. While the first book is a bit confusing, this one turned out to be more precisely explained and elaborated. Each characters were defined very well or maybe just excellent. They are well presented and each of them have an equal responsibility to make the story better. I found Rose's character is more serious, wiser and bright. Well, she seemed like a bit of a bit*h in the first book. The twisted feelings she has for Dimitri or a fling with Mason did gave some impact on the storyline.

New good and bad characters being introduced and I certainly love Adrian Ivashkov. I think he's rock. But the other two Strigoi characters, well, they played their parts very well for me as I'm awed when Rose was doing her actions killing those two.

The plot/storyline is good, interesting, enough to pull my attention and being absorbed by the book. However, the only flaw I could point out here is that the book is a little drag. The real actions only started like at the last 40 pages. It could be better if it started at the middle of the story. Too much drag on Rose feelings toward Dimitri, Mason, her mom and Adrian. It might be an asset for the next-next books but either way I think, overall, the book is still has its own charm. I could read it again and I probably will read the next sequel very soon.

Everyone should read it =)

Other Blog Reviews on Frostbite;

Aye.Me? @ Reversing The Monotony
Kristi @
The Story Siren
Faye @
Ramblings of A Teenage Bookworm
Sarah @
Sarah's Book Reviews

*Storywings is hosting A Vampire Academy Reading Challenge starting from April 18th- May 18th as a 'pre-welcoming' for the next new book in the series, Spirit Bound.

Check out on their blogs =)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am looking forward to read the JD Robb books. You got a great review here. So this is another Vampire series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Juju = *LOL* Thanks Juju!

    @ China = Yup. Looking forward to read other in the series too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you really like this one. I enjoy a book more when the characters are well defined too. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review. I love this series too and definitely thought this one was better than the first. I liked book three even more. I can't wait to read Spirit Bound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i adored this one, i love the whole series really, its hard not to love, i think rose is total kick ass and fab, and i can not wait to get my hands on spirit bound argh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so as you probably now I havent read any books in this series. But I am planning to read them very soon, promise! :)
    Great to hear that this book is better than the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review!! I'm glad to hear this one is even better than the first!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I liked this one too but Shadowkiss is my favourite of the series so far. I Haven't read Blood Promise yet, must get to it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good review, just an FYI but these books get better as the series progresses. Books 4 & 5 are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review