goong by park so-hee

Written by Darlyn At Saturday, February 16, 2013
Title: Goong (Palace Story)
Author: Park So-Hee
Series: Completed
Vol(s): 23
Rating: 4.5/5
Source: Read for free HERE

Summary:
Monarchy ended long ago in Korea, but there are still other countries with Kings, Queens, princes and princesses. What if Korea had continued monarchism? What if all the beautiful palaces which are now only historical relics were actually filled with people?! What if the glamorous royal family still maintained the palace customs?! Welcome to a world where Korea still has the royal family living their lives! Only for one high school girl, Che-Kyung, is this a tragedy, since she has to marry the prince who apparently is a total jerk!

My Say:
I've been following the series like years back. It took so long and sometimes I lost track of time to continue reading the next chapters of volume. When I browsing GReads, it just came across my mind that I need to read this and lucky me, I found out that the series already came to an end. I read it online at my favorite manga site and spent the whole day reading.

I actually watched a Korean drama adapted from the manhwa (manga term for Korean). It's called Princess Hour and I love it so much! It may not the same as the manhwa, but still have the same plot and the same characters. I love all the characters and yes, with great graphic and drawings, you'll fall in love with it easily for sure. There's a conflict in the royal family that more or less gave bigger impact than Che-Kyung never imagine would happen to her, but it did. Like when I watched the drama, I also cried when I read any sad parts in the manhwa. On the other hand, the story has their funny side too. I laughed hard when there's awkward parts, you know when the author draw the funny faces on the characters.

Even though I am so happy that the series already ended and I know the ending, it also made me sad. The love between Che-Kyung and the prince, I need to know more but maybe that's the best. Please give it a try if you also love manga like I do.

Note: Review of the book is linked to Cym Lowell Book Review Party Wednesday. Click the link and get participated as well ;p

0 bookish peeps...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review