the eighth scroll by laurence b. brown

Written by Darlyn Azlinda At Sunday, February 10, 2013
Title: The Eighth Scroll
Author: Laurence B. Brown
Pages: 332
Rating: 4/5
Cover Rating: 4/5
Published: August 2012
Summary (GoodReads):
Stirring the flames of age-old controversies, The Eighth Scroll by Laurence B. Brown draws on the three Abrahamic faiths of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam to create an unbelievably dynamic and powerful story. Set in a world that teeters between orthodoxy and heresy, this thriller is packed with intrigue and adventure. When a Roman Catholic scholar involved in the Dead Sea Scrolls Project hides one of the scrolls because of the heretical message it contains, no one is the wiser until decades later, when a prominent archeologist discovers reference to the scroll in an archeological dig. This discovery spurs the world religions into a dangerous game of cat and mouse, in which all who seek the hidden scroll are mysteriously silenced, leaving the salvation of humankind to a father and son, who must either find the hidden scroll . . . or die trying.

My Say:
Yeah, I think he has things that is similar to the non other Mr. Dan Browm. However, this author also has his own style of writing. It's so complicated and sometimes I need to turn to previous pages so that I cant recall or see a better picture of it. Not because I'm having short-memory but it's tricky when it comes to history, myths and religions. But the book is not as hard time as I had with Dan Brown's books, and you don't want to know I confused I am with his books because he is freaking genius! The author also has his good quality of being a good storyteller. I feel like the plot line was well-researched and the mysteries are so intriguing. I dont have a problem of any other religions even I am a Muslim/Islam. It did made me some thinking and kind of made me understand better and sometimes I felt how easy a writer can twist everything to make things spicy and interesting. Oh, maybe that's why we call it fictions! And the book is also packed with actions and adventures, and so many places mentioned! I say, anyone who loves a good mystery/thriller/suspense, to give the book a try. I did, and I like it.

Note: I received a copy of the book for an exchange of an honest review.

0 bookish peeps...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review